Wednesday, July 4, 2012

It's All For You

"So, what do you do for a living?"

Sometimes I cringe when I hear that question, other times I get excited... I guess it depends on who asks. But when so many people expect a simple answer,

"I work at a bank",                      "I'm in publishing", 
                          "I'm a teacher"...

It can be hard to explain that your livelihood is supported by a part-time job waitressing but that you make a living selling handmade Nerdifacts to enthusiastic and awesome customers around the world. A lot of people just don't understand the passion that fuels all of the hard-work and creativity required for a small handmade operation.

"Don't you get sick of crocheting all the time?" "Isn't it hard to sell things online?" "Who would even buy that stuff?"

The simple truth is that I do this for you. That's right. YOU. If you're reading this, then I'm hoping I've created something you can geek out over, and if I haven't, you'd better believe that I want to! I'm all about helping you connect with the stuff you love in a way that you don't often get the opportunity to. I want to show you how to wear your favourite books and channel your favourite superheroes. I want to bring you little bits of wearable nostalgia- because lets face it, there are so many awesome things from our childhood that we've been lucky enough to not have to grow out of. I've sold a number of Iron Man Inspired Power Wristies since The Avengers hit theatres, and it is impossible to put on a pair without pretending that you ARE Iron Man and imagining that every time you thrust your palms you're shooting packets of energy. This can be very liberating for anyone over the age of 8.


 "Holy crap, these are AMAZING!!! I knew they'd be cool from the photo, but in person they are positively squee-inducing. I *did* have plans for tonight, but now I'll be spending my evening striking poses in the mirror, hands out, making ARC-reactor noises with my mouth. Thank you SO MUCH guys!!!"
Anytime, my friends, anytime. After all, it's all for you.

*Maria @ Nerdifacts






No comments:

Post a Comment