Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Movie Geek Out!

In preparation for seeing The Dark Knight Rises tomorrow, Maria and I watched the previous two Batman movies back-to-back over the last few days. They are such great films; I love Christoper Nolan, is there anything this magnificent director can't do? Take this scene for instance, the way Nolan rotates the camera for 15 seconds from 1:10 to 1:25...
It is pure brilliance!
The flip not only signifies that what you are about to hear may be a little twisted, it also puts The Joker visually mirroring Batman so that scene cuts and transitions are not as jarring and the viewer can focus more on the dialogue rather than the visuals.
It is weird because I have both high and low expectations for The Dark Knight Rises.
In my opinion The Dark Knight is one of the best movies I have ever seen. Nolan's portrayal of Batman is probably the truest version of the character I have ever experienced so that alone wins me over... but I thought the film itself, the storytelling, and messages within it made for an overall excellent piece of cinematic art.
So, obviously I'm PUMPED for the third one.
Can the excellence of the second film be surpassed by the stories conclusion in the third film? I doubt it. But I'm sure it is going to be a blast regardless!

~jim~

No comments:

Post a Comment