Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tuesday Try It! Star Wars Lightsaber Lamp

I work part time at a lighting store, so I'm taking a short time out from selling fixtures to share an awesome DIY project that I found and plan to undertake *someday*. I thought it fitting that the project is for a lamp since I'm currently surrounded by them.

Without further ado, the Lightsaber Lamp! The tutorial is posted on Geek Crafts, a super website if you're looking for things that you can geek up yourself.


These two are the profesh versions, totally awesome if you don't mind spending $65.00 plus shipping. You can order them from Think Geek. But it's always way more fun to make awesome things with your own two amazing hands, and to save a few bucks while you're at it. The DIY version is pictured below.


This one was created with an affordable Ikea lamp as the base, and one of the Hasboro toy Lightsabers. You can create the shade design by finding a symbol you like, attaching it on the lamp shade where you want it and using a push pin to punch out the design with evenly spaced holes. Jim and I are heading to Fan Expo in Toronto at the end of August, and we're also moving right after that so I won't get around to making my own version right away, but when I do I'll update this post with some of my own photos. Please enjoy the full tutorial posted on the Geek Crafts blog. I'd love to hear from you if you try it out!

*Maria @ Nerdifacts

No comments:

Post a Comment