Friday, January 11, 2013

Do Weird Things Pull on Your Heartstrings?

Sometimes I might hear or see something that causes an emotional wrenching inside of my chest, on the right side like my body is trying to grow a second heart or something. Yes, I know that sounds really weird. I can't think of a better way to describe it. It is more extreme than the familiar feel of my heartstrings being tugged by a photo of a dolphin saving a child from drowning, or a firefighter returning to a burning house to come out with a beloved pet or something like that. One of those weird times that I felt this extreme sensation was when I was watching the anime FLCL (furi kuri /  fooly cooly) and Hybrid Rainbow, one of the titles from the soundtrack began playing. Sometimes I still get that feeling when I hear the song, but I have since fallen in love with the entire soundtrack of songs by The Pillows. I wanted to share Hybrid Rainbow with you today.


I've looked at the lyrics translated into English and this is what the song means to me: Wherever you are in life, that isn't all there is. Tomorrow will always come, without ever really arriving. Every day you are given the opportunity to make the best of what is in front of you and to lay the foundation to make tomorrow better. We all send our rainbows out into the world hoping they will bring us where we want to go or help us build what we want to build in life, but even if those things don't come to pass the way that we hope, in the end, we have still made rainbows and will never know whose rainy day we have contributed some beauty to.

I hope you enjoy the song as much as I do.

*Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment