Friday, March 22, 2013

Introducing Instagram Mini-Wristies!


 This week has been full of ups and downs but I managed to create a brand new item and I'm completely in love with it. I don't have have a smart phone (my cell phone still resides in the dark ages of flip where I have to press the number 7 four times to put an 's' into a text message), so I can't actually use Instagram but I love the warm and familiar vintage kind of feel that so many Instagrammers favour when they are beautifying their photos, so the little Instagram camera icon makes me feel nice inside.


When I first put this pair on to test the fit after finishing them, I could resist holding my hand up in front of my face, palm outward, smiling and shouting "SELFIE! *click* *click*"


This project came together very easily, much to my surprise. The pattern begins with my standard Mini-Wristie design, and my first attempt with the colour blocking between browns turned out just right. Then the first lens I made was exactly the right size. The first time I added the white highlight it was in just the right place. Cutting out those teeny little felt hearts made me grumble a lot but patience and attention to detail meant I didn't have to make any more than just the two I needed. I even managed to apply the fabric glue without mucking anything up. These Instagram Mini-Wristies were just begging to be created!


Clicking on any of the photos will take you to the Nerdifacts etsy shop listing where these Instagram Mini-Wristies are available for purchase. Curious about the other wristwarmers that I've created? Just CLICK HERE.

Have you ever had a project come together so easily that it seemed it was simply meant to be? Share an experience in the comments, I'd love to hear about it!

*Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment